From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Lund University and the Issam Fares Institute of the American University of Beirut are embarking on a multi-year research project to study the history and contemporary dynamics of human rights in the Arab world.
The project focuses on the relationship between research on human rights theory and principles broadly defined, advocacy at the international, regional, and local levels in the Arab world in the form of pressure as well as knowledge production, and the formation of public policies related to human, civil, social and political rights throughout the region. The initiative is soliciting contributions, in the form of research essays, interviews, roundtables, or speculative essays, from scholars, activists, and even government officials working on the above issues. Submissions will be considered for publication on Jadaliyya and potentially for conference and manuscript purposes.
Submissions should be 1200-1500 words. Submissions or ideas should be sent to Mark LeVine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"Foreign debt is not a neutral form of ‘aid’ but an exploitative social relation established between financial institutions in the North and countries in the South."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Cities Media Roundup (August 2015)
- Israel’s Defeat on the Iran Deal
- Lebanon: What Do You Mean There Is No State?
- Beirut Revolt: What Is to be Done?
- Quick Thoughts: Moe Ali Nayel on Lebanon’s Garbage Crisis and Protest Movement
- Internships At ASI (& Internships for College Credit Program)
- Vangelis Kehriyotis anisina
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde