From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Lund University and the Issam Fares Institute of the American University of Beirut are embarking on a multi-year research project to study the history and contemporary dynamics of human rights in the Arab world.
The project focuses on the relationship between research on human rights theory and principles broadly defined, advocacy at the international, regional, and local levels in the Arab world in the form of pressure as well as knowledge production, and the formation of public policies related to human, civil, social and political rights throughout the region. The initiative is soliciting contributions, in the form of research essays, interviews, roundtables, or speculative essays, from scholars, activists, and even government officials working on the above issues. Submissions will be considered for publication on Jadaliyya and potentially for conference and manuscript purposes.
Submissions should be 1200-1500 words. Submissions or ideas should be sent to Mark LeVine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Erdogan, Turk milliyetciligi kartina oynuyor
- Letter to Amcha Initiative Regarding Its Report on UCLA Center for Near Eastern Studies
- Maghreb Media Roundup (October 23)
- Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven Salaita (27 October 2014 at GMU)
- On the BDS Blacklist
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
Letter to Amcha Initiative Regarding Its Report on UCLA Center for Near Eastern Studies http://t.co/eOq5sw3gzY
21 hours ago
Erdoğan, Türk milliyetçiliği kartına oynuyor http://t.co/wCzR7BkXd6
23 hours ago
New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam http://t.co/AmeAB1qa56
yesterday at 8:30 PM
On the BDS Blacklist http://t.co/p6EKLEEBXg
yesterday at 1:23 PM
Assault on Academic Freedom: Neoliberalism and the Corporatization of Universities, Live Stream Event with Steven... http://t.co/GgjAHG3xzz
yesterday at 1:20 PM