From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Lund University and the Issam Fares Institute of the American University of Beirut are embarking on a multi-year research project to study the history and contemporary dynamics of human rights in the Arab world.
The project focuses on the relationship between research on human rights theory and principles broadly defined, advocacy at the international, regional, and local levels in the Arab world in the form of pressure as well as knowledge production, and the formation of public policies related to human, civil, social and political rights throughout the region. The initiative is soliciting contributions, in the form of research essays, interviews, roundtables, or speculative essays, from scholars, activists, and even government officials working on the above issues. Submissions will be considered for publication on Jadaliyya and potentially for conference and manuscript purposes.
Submissions should be 1200-1500 words. Submissions or ideas should be sent to Mark LeVine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
It is the curse of al-mahjar, the diaspora, no matter how long you have lived away from home, a part of you is uprooted every time you leave.click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- أشباح سركون بولص
- ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص
- عن سركون بولص في ذكراه
- New Texts Out Now: Edmund Burke III, The Ethnographic State: France and the Invention of Moroccan Islam
- Egypt Media Roundup (October 20)
- Turkey Media Roundup (October 21)
- ضياء الدين ساردار: مطارحة الإسلام والمستقبل
- هل يمكن إنقاذ العراق؟
- Operation Protective Edge and Legal Remedies
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (20 October)
- Hydrogen Senior Project Exhibition
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (October 13-19)
- Syria Media Roundup (October 20)
- استقصاء السماء
- « Hamel dégage ! » : Les policiers algériens et les fissures de l'ordre
- Debt and Obligation in Contemporary Ramallah
- Liberalizmin tasfiyesi ve Ortadogu'da alacakaranlik
- جدلية في عامها الرابع
- Operation Protective Edge: Legal and Political Implications of ICC Prosecution (George Mason University, 20 October 2014)
- Is the Center for Jewish Life Stifling Free Speech on Campus?
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
UC Irvine Event: Bassam Haddad on 'The Syrian Tragedy: Causes, Dynamics, and Consequences' (23 October 2014) http://t.co/ceCa3CqUBC
11 hours ago
خالد المعالي: ذكريات صغيرة عن سركون بولص http://t.co/Pei5CgRhjb
13 hours ago
صلاح فائق: عن سركون بولص في ذكراه http://t.co/hCdxEiudwr
13 hours ago
Egypt Media Roundup (October 20) http://t.co/trI75cN6p3
yesterday at 11:01 AM
RT @CabreraAngel: The @NYTimes covers @jadaliyya "an inside-out perspective of the Middle East" led by Mason Prof. Bassam Haddad http://t.c…
yesterday at 10:50 AM