From the Editors
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Lund University and the Issam Fares Institute of the American University of Beirut are embarking on a multi-year research project to study the history and contemporary dynamics of human rights in the Arab world.
The project focuses on the relationship between research on human rights theory and principles broadly defined, advocacy at the international, regional, and local levels in the Arab world in the form of pressure as well as knowledge production, and the formation of public policies related to human, civil, social and political rights throughout the region. The initiative is soliciting contributions, in the form of research essays, interviews, roundtables, or speculative essays, from scholars, activists, and even government officials working on the above issues. Submissions will be considered for publication on Jadaliyya and potentially for conference and manuscript purposes.
Submissions should be 1200-1500 words. Submissions or ideas should be sent to Mark LeVine, at email@example.com.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"The faces of workers, including children, are turned silver after long hours in the aluminum workshops and factories. Most of the polishing workshops are narrow and the air is full of aluminum particles in dust or powder form."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- On the Margins Roundup (August)
- Prominent Human Rights Lawyer Ahmed Seif al-Islam Dies
- An Open Letter
- New Texts Out Now: Erin Runions, The Babylon Complex: Theopolitical Fantasies of War, Sex, and Sovereignty
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 26)
- الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة
- ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري
- Syria Media Roundup (August 15)
- Antisemitism and Salaita
- Israel's "Operation Status Quo": A Preliminary Assessment
- Who Are the Insurgents and Counterinsurgents?
- Support for Steven Salaita and the UIUC Boycott Continues to Grow
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 18-24)
- لا تقصص رؤياك
- Badr Shakir Al-Sayyab: A Profile from the Archives
- O.I.L. Media Roundup (24 August)
- منام الطفل السنجاريّ
- Gauging the July-August 2014 Gaza War
- Gaza and the Palestinian Struggle for Statehood
- Gaza's Resistance: RT interviews Daniel Calic, Norman Finkelstein, and Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani
Jad NavigationView Full Map, Topics, and Countries »
ملف من الأرشيف: محمد شكري http://t.co/aiKmyZU4WG
yesterday at 11:30 AM
On the Margins Roundup (August) http://t.co/y4PWnkOMw8
yesterday at 11:02 AM
Prominent Human Rights Lawyer Ahmed Seif al-Islam Dies http://t.co/Jvast220u7
yesterday at 10:15 AM
جورج جقمان: الخطر السياسي القادم ما بعد العدوان على غزة http://t.co/FC72vugHl6
yesterday at 9:39 AM
An Open Letter http://t.co/KpuoVy2nKS
yesterday at 9:24 AM