From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The Center for Middle Eastern Studies at Lund University and the Issam Fares Institute of the American University of Beirut are embarking on a multi-year research project to study the history and contemporary dynamics of human rights in the Arab world.
The project focuses on the relationship between research on human rights theory and principles broadly defined, advocacy at the international, regional, and local levels in the Arab world in the form of pressure as well as knowledge production, and the formation of public policies related to human, civil, social and political rights throughout the region. The initiative is soliciting contributions, in the form of research essays, interviews, roundtables, or speculative essays, from scholars, activists, and even government officials working on the above issues. Submissions will be considered for publication on Jadaliyya and potentially for conference and manuscript purposes.
Submissions should be 1200-1500 words. Submissions or ideas should be sent to Mark LeVine, at email@example.com.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"With a network of over four and a half million researchers, a quarter of the world’s academics... Academia.edu aims to provide a platform for scholars to publish their research without having to become tangled in the prolonged peer review process of academic and scientific journals."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (April 1)
- اختيار: مجلة نسوية عربية في نقد الأفكار الشمولية
- Palestine Becomes a State Party to the ICC: An Occasion to Return to the Register of Israel’s Racialized Violence
- DARS Media Roundup (March 2015)
- New Texts Out Now: Noura Erakat, Palestinian Refugees and the Syrian Uprising
- هل كان الفردوس المفقود فردوسا؟
- Quick Thoughts on Syria's Humanitarian Crisis: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation with Omar Dahi
- Turkey Media Roundup (March 31)
- March Culture Bouquet
- Five Decades of Painting and Innovation: An Interview with Samia Halaby
- Kareem Risan: Archetypes
- Nargess Hashemi: The Pleasure in Boredom
- Driven by Storms: An Interview with Sadik Alfraji and Nat Muller
- Ghassan Kanafani's The Stolen Shirt
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (March 23-29)
- Cities Media Roundup (March 2015)
- Four Years On: No Easy Answers in Syria (Part II)
- Beyond Romanticism: Scribbles Then and Now: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Wael Attili and Adel Iskandar
- Highlights from Sharjah Biennial 12 Open Week
- ISIS in the News: Extensive Media Roundup (January-February 2014)