From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following video was produced by the Alkarama Foundation to highlight the work of Mohamed al-Roken, co-laureate of 2012 Alkarama Award for human rights defenders. Al-Roken has defended many political activists and fellow human rights defenders who were stripped of their citizenship, detained arbitrarily, subjected to travel bans, or tortured solely for having expressed their opinions. On 17 July 2012, the Emirati security services arrested Dr. al-Roken in Dubai during the largest crackdown against human rights activists and political dissent in the country’s history. Since then, he has been detained in solitary confinement in an unknown location along with sixty-five other activists.
If you prefer, email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
أما أنتم فمن مصلحتكم أن تعملوا على تنفيذ مطالب فقراء الشعب المصري، فالضغط بالجماهير سلاحكم الوحيد، فإن عملتم ضد مصالح هذه الجماهير، فماذا يتبقى لكم؟click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- Historical Realities of Concept Pop: Debating Art in Egypt
- New Texts Out Now: Isabelle Werenfels, Beyond Authoritarian Upgrading: The Re-Emergence of Sufi Orders in Maghrebi Politics
- Syria Media Roundup (December 16)
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (December 16)
- Turkey Media Roundup (December 16)
- Egypt Media Roundup (December 15)
- The Politics of "Unveiling Saudi Women": Between Postcolonial Fantasies and the Surveillance State
- The Islamic State: The Fear of Decline?
- ملف من الأرشيف: نظيرة زين الدين
- Countercurrent: Bahrain Watch: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Reda al-Fardan and Mona Kareem
- Mohamed Abla Painting Award
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (December 8-14)
- Open Letter to Mr. Rem Koolhaas
- 'Nefes alamiyorum': Baskaldirinin farkinda misiniz?
- The Flow and Entrapment of Syrian Jazira Music
- Censorship and Detention in Egypt, A Personal Account: A STATUS/الوضع Conversation between Alaa Abd El Fattah and Lina Attalah
- في الإعتراض على قانون الإيجارات الجديد: رسالة مفتوحة الى المجلس النيابي
- Basim Magdy: Measuring the Last Breaths of Time on a Fading Scale
- Making Sense of Tripoli II: The Institutional Catch 22
- نقش حرّان اللجاة: خيبر أم جُبير؟