From the Editors
The New York Times says Jadaliyya "Brings New Life to Arab Studies." Read about it by clicking here.
The following video was produced by the Alkarama Foundation to highlight the work of Dr. Saud Mukhtar Al Hashimi, co-laureate of the 2012 Alkarama Award for human rights defenders. Once acclaimed by the Saudi government for his humanitarian work with children in Iraq, he became the target of the very same authorities when he started calling for constitutional reform and greater civil and political rights in his country. Accused of criticizing the government, he was arrested by the intelligence services along with eight other members of the Reformer movement on 3 February 2007 in Jeddah. After four years in detention without any legal procedure, he was sentenced on 22 November 2011 to thirty years of imprisonment by the Riyadh Special Criminal Court after an unfair trial. He is still detained despite calls from the United Nations for his release.
If you prefer, email your comments to email@example.com.
Hot on Facebook
Jadalicious / جدلشس
"With a network of over four and a half million researchers, a quarter of the world’s academics... Academia.edu aims to provide a platform for scholars to publish their research without having to become tangled in the prolonged peer review process of academic and scientific journals."click | email | tweet
Latest EntriesView All Entries »
- STATUS/الوضع: Issue 2.2 is Live!
- Lebanon, August 2015: Notes on Paralysis, Protests, and Hope
- في تعاقب المنافي، ستحملنا الريح إلى الوطن
- New Texts Out Now: Gary Wilder, Freedom Time: Negritude, Decolonization, and the Future of the World
- قدّروا شجاعة الرجل
- Arabian Peninsula Media Roundup (August 25)
- Palestine Media Roundup (July 20- August 15)
- Turkey Media Roundup (August 25)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim Fit In? (Part 2)
- Israel: Where do the Mizrahim fit in? (Part 1)
- The Reality of Ethnic Cleansing and Kurdish State in Syria
- The Good, the Bad and the Crimson Shoe
- Ekin Wan’in bedeninde ifsa olan devlet ya da kadinlar sira bizde
- Egypt Media Roundup (August 24)
- Last Week on Jadaliyya (August 17-23)
- Jadaliyya Co-Editor Mouin Rabbani Interview by France24 on Gaza Disengagement and Its Aftermath
- Protests in Beirut: Quick Background and Some Videos
- سوريا خارج الإطار
- Foreign Policies Media Roundup (July-August 2015)