The theme of B|taʼarofʼs second issue is The Body and provides a wide range of artistic and intellectual expressions on the topic. Contributions come from an array of highly regarded and emerging artists, academics, and writers. A sample of content includes:
- Interviews with Firoozeh Kashani-Sabet, Dariush Dolat-Shahi, and Lloyd Miller.
- Translations from an archival interview with Iranian intellectual, Ahmad Fardid.
- Blind contour drawings by Tara Najd Ahmadi.
- Found documents detailing the creation of The Society for the Preservation of the Iranian Nose.
- Short story adaptations of oral history interviews and archival advertisements from Persian language publications from pre- and post-revolution Iran.
The second issue will be available for sale in limited numbers online, and at select events in New York City and Los Angeles. Copies will also be available at quality booksellers in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and Philadelphia. A podcast of original compositions by Omid Walizadeh will be featured on the newly updated B|taʼarof website come August.
For more information, visit our website: www.btaarof.com
email@example.com | (310) 420-9566
35-63 80th Street, Apt. 4G | Jackson Heights, NY 11372