Call for Translators (Paid): The Legal Agenda
The Legal Agenda is seeking full or part-time translators to join its team and produce content for its newly-launched English online edition.
Starting Date: February 2014 (Exact date flexible)
Working Hours: Flexible. Article turnover rate is 3 to 5 days.
Workload: Flexible. To be negotiated with editor.
- Average: 1 article per week (approximately 2000 words)
- Minimum: 1 article per two weeks
Translate articles from Arabic to English on law and society covering the Arab World
- Proficient knowledge of English and Arabic
- Some previous translation experience
- Excellent translation skills (Applicants will be required to submit a translation of a sample text provided by The Legal Agenda)
- Some knowledge of legal terminology and of the contemporary Arab world (A developing legal dictionary catered to the subject will be available as an aid)
- Ability to abide by style guide and adhere to publication requirements
- Able to work in a team and collaborative environment
Pay: This is a paid position. Pay rate is based on word count and negotiable
- Send your CV and a cover letter (one page max) to email@example.com
- Title your email message: Translator Application
- Indicate availability (workload and starting date you can commit to) in your message