DC Palestinian Film & Arts Festival
Call for Submissions
Deadline: June 15, 2014
Calling on Palestinian Filmmakers for Submissions! The DC-PFAF is the first film festival in Washington, D.C. to showcase the work of Palestinian filmmakers and artists.
DC-PFAF showcases the diverse and creative work of Palestinian filmmakers across all geographic locations. We accepts films in the following categories:
■ Feature Films
■ Experimental Works
■ Youth Work (created by filmmakers under the age of 18)
■ Other (eg, Experimental)
• Filmmaker (writer, producer, or director) must be Palestinian, living anywhere in Palestine or the Diaspora.
• Films preferably made in 2012, 2013, or 2014, but you are welcome to submit older films and they may be selected.
• All foreign language entries must be subtitled in English.
• All lengths welcome.
June 15, 2014: Submission of all entries due. (Incomplete entries will not be considered.)
July 15, 2014: Selection notices sent out. (Films that are not accepted will not receive a notice.)
August 15, 2014: All works selected for the Festival due to DCPFAF in final form with English subtitles for receipt by this date (no exceptions).
We prefer submission preview in Vimeo/online streaming formats.
For works over 40 minutes include in your submission package:
• An online screening of the film, or a DVD if not available online
• Application form, available below
• Your name, address, email address, a telephone number
• Short blurb about the film
• Where relevant, please include information about additional formats your film is available in and if you have a preference for screening format
For works of 40 minutes or less include in your package:
• An online screening of the film, or a DVD if not available online; .mov format preferred
• Application form available below
• Your name, address, email address, a telephone number, and a short blurb about the film.
Note: No screeners or application materials will be returned. Do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If not an online application, please send to:
c/o Nadia Daar
1100 H St. NW, Suite 650
Washington, DC 20005