The Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) is a regional, independent, non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening social science research and knowledge production in the Arab world. By supporting researchers and academic/research institutions, the ACSS aims to contribute to the creation, dissemination, validation and utilization of social science research and to enrich public debate about the challenges facing Arab societies.
The Arab Council for the Social Sciences, ACSS (www.theacss.org), is recruiting for the following positions:
- Fellowships & Grants Coordinator and/or Manager who will be responsible for developing, establishing and overseeing the various fellowships and research grants programs of the ACSS. For the coordinator position, the applicant should have at minimum an MA in a social science discipline with 5-years of experience. For the Manager position, the applicant should be a PhD candidate or holder preferably in a social science discipline with at least 2-years of experience in a similar function.
- Lead Researcher for the Arab Social Science Monitor (ASSM) who will have overall responsibility for data collection, compilation, analysis, and advising on the presentation of data in publications of the Monitor. Responsibilities will include establishing links with other researchers and institutions working in similar capacities and development of collaborative projects. Minimum MA with 5 years of experience in quantitative, survey and field research.
- Research Assistant who will be responsible for working with senior management or researcher/s, collecting data, conducting literature reviews, bibliographies, and any other research-related requests. Minimum BA degree preferably in a social science discipline and academic library and field research experience.
- Program Assistant who will be responsible for providing administrative and functional support to the ACSS senior management. Minimum BA degree with 2-years of experience as a PA.
- Accountant who will be responsible for entering accounting transactions, preparing financial statements, taxes, bank reconciliations, and dealing with the Ministry of Finance and National Social Security Fund. Minimum BA degree in Accounting & Finance with 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Interns to help with all of the above.
Eligibility, Qualifications & Competencies
- Degree requirements as above
- Languages: Fluent in Arabic and English. French is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (writing & speaking)
- Administrative skills
Application Deadline and Process
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter, current CV, names of three referees, and a sample of written work by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.