The PARC internship program provides undergraduate and graduate students and others interested in our work with an opportunity to enhance skills and obtain professional experience through collaborative work in an NGO setting. Interns are instrumental to the operations of the organization and are given the opportunity to assume a responsibility. As invaluable members of our team, interns build valuable contacts, have access to resources on Palestine, and gain management and leadership skills.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
PARC is seeking a part-time intern to help design, develop and implement a new website, which should be launched by February 2016. Many of the duties of the Website internship can be completed remotely, away from PARC’s main office. This position would require approximately 10 hours of work per week.
- Working closely with PARC staff and a volunteer consultant in content management and website design, help develop PARC’s new website using Wordpress. Focus on content management with Wordpress platform with some front-end theme modification and development.
- Survey other academic and NGO-related websites for ideas to improve PARC’s new website.
- Research, develop and edit new and existing content for new web pages.
- Put in place all content for the new website.
- When the new website goes live, the intern will receive an honorarium of $500.
- Undergraduate or graduate student or others. Location in the Washington DC Metropolitan area a plus but not necessary.
- Familiarity with information architecture and content management. This position requires familiarity with Wordpress.
- 1 – 2 years of related experience in website design/development/management is strongly preferred.
- Strong research, writing, editing, and time management ability. Exceptional attention to detail an absolute must.
- Familiarity with the Middle Eastern region is a plus.
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) was established in 1998 to improve scholarship about Palestinian affairs, expand the pool of experts knowledgeable about the Palestinians, and strengthen linkages among Palestinian, American, and foreign research institutions and scholars. For more information about PARC’s goals and accomplishments, please visit our website: http://parc-us-pal.org/
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume of no more than three pages and a one-page cover letter stating: a) Your goals and motivations for working with PARC and b) Previous experience and skills that make you an ideal candidate for this intern position. Send to email@example.com by October 1, 2015 and write “Website” in the subject line.