U.S. Media Development Seminar on Palestine
2016 Media Development Seminar
July 14- July 25, 2016 in Jerusalem and the West Bank
Application Deadline (Extended): February 5, 2016
Awards Announced: March 11, 2016
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its second Media Development Seminar on Palestine. This 12-day seminar is for U.S. faculty members with a demonstrated interest in, but little travel experience to, Palestine.
PARC will select 10 to 12 U.S. journalism/media faculty members to participate in Jerusalem-based activities that will include visiting university media departments and local media outlets as well as meeting with Palestinian scholars and members of the Palestinian media community, civil society and government.
Through these activities, participants will learn about the region, deepen their knowledge of media in and about Palestine, and build relationships with Palestinian colleagues both in academia and the media sector.
- Be U.S. citizens.
- Be faculty members at recognized U.S. colleges or universities and professors of media, journalism, film or other related departments at their universities.
- Have a demonstrated interest in Palestine.
- Have little previous travel experience to Palestine.
- Be willing to integrate their experiences from the seminar into their own teaching and/or pursue a joint research project or publication with a Palestinian colleague.
- Be a member of PARC. Visit the PARC membership page on our website for more information.
PARC will make all local arrangements for the seminar, including site visits, tours, and meetings with Palestinian colleagues. PARC will cover all expenses for in-country group ground travel, accommodations, and group meals. Round trip international travel from the U.S. to Tel Aviv and personal and free day expenses will be the responsibility of the faculty member and/or his/her university. In the case of demonstrated need, there is limited funding available to cover partial costs for international travel.
For complete information and an application, visit PARC’s website at http://parc-us-pal.org.