PALESTINE-QUEBEC SCIENCE BRIDGE
The Palestine Academy for Science and Technology (PALAST) and the Fonds de Recherche Du Quebec – Nature Et Technologies (FRQNT), Santé (FRQS), Société Et Culture (FRQSC) are pleased to announce the first call for the short-term research grant proposals in Quebec. As part of the scientific collaboration between researchers in Quebec and their counterparts in the West Bank, Jerusalem and Gaza, the Palestinian Quebec Science Bridge (PQSB) aims at promoting the international mobility of Palestinian researchers, especially early-career and junior researchers, and their counterparts in Quebec.
In accordance with the PALAST, FRQS, FRQNT and FRQSC Agreement, the PQSB will fund research projects in three broad research areas: health sciences; natural sciences and engineering; and social sciences, humanities, and arts.
The main and long term objective of Palestine-Quebec Science Bridge is to foster collaboration between researchers in Quebec and their counterparts in the West Bank, Jerusalem and Gaza (especially early-career researchers) through staff/ faculty exchange, and other mobility programs.
These programs will provide an opportunity to integrate Palestinian researchers into FRQ-funded research projects and its network of national and international partners and their research funding programs which will allow them to carry out their scientific research projects in collaboration with researchers in Quebec.
Staff/ Faculty exchange program seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Establishing a solid and lasting cooperation between researchers in Quebec and Palestinian researchers in the West Bank, Jerusalem, and Gaza.
- Coordinating joint research projects between researchers in Quebec and their counterparts in Palestine.
- Integrating Palestinian researchers into FRQ-funded research projects and its network of national and international partners and their research funding programs.
- Identify a common research interest or topic with a Canadian researcher and/ or select a matching research project from the suggested list:
- Contact the host researcher, inquire about potential collaboration, and should a final agreement be reached, request an invitation letter. PQSB can help make an introduction between the researchers, should the researchers request it.
- Fill out the application form with the host researcher, detailing the research aim, objectives, and the action plan for the period of the joint research project.
- Click here to apply.
- Submit the application form, updated CV, invitation letter, and any other correspondence with the host researcher.
- Submission deadline: March, 31st 2018
Selection criteria for PQSB Collaboration Projects:
- The quality of the proposed research project.
- The research profile of the Palestinian applicant.
- The potential sustainability of the research project and the collaboration between the partners.
- Compatibility of the proposed research topic(s) with the objectives of the PQSB program with regards to:
- The impact and applicability of the proposed research projects and their relevance to the national priorities set by PQSB.
- The potential of the proposed projects or research for subsequent knowledge transfer to Palestine.
The FRQNT, the FRQS and the FRQSC will pay West Bank, Jerusalem and Gaza researchers an allowance as per local standards (a maximum of CAD $2,500 per month) and their round-trip travel (up to CAD $2,000).
Visa Application & Guidelines:
- For more information, please send email to (PQSB@palestineacademy.org) or call Telephone: 022960524/ 6 or 0599671638, or visit PALAST website (www.palestineacademy.org)
[Click here for Palestine Academy's post.]