The Executive Director will lead a staff of approximately 12 people and will report directly to the Executive Committee (Board) of ARI. He/she will be responsible for defining the strategic directions for the Initiative’s programmes, raising funds and managing the overall operations and team at the center. He/she will also produce in-depth policy-relevant analysis on key political, social and security issues related to Arab countries as part of providing intellectual leadership, and will engage with the Initiative’s partners and external stakeholders.
- Identify relevant initiatives and set multi-year strategic plan of activities
- Define priorities for fund-raising with support from programme staff
- Pro-actively raise funds for the programmes, manage existing donor relations and explore new sources of funding;
- Work with the financial administrator on preparing budgets
- Maintain relations with partner centres and the broader ARI network
- Contribute to ARI’s publications by authoring policy-relevant analysis on key issues
- Oversee research processes and project outputs
- Manage and develop ARI’s professional team
- Oversee communication and outreach activities and staff
- Promote ARI’s work in the media and write op-eds in relevant newspapers;
- Maintain outreach with relevant stakeholders and represent ARI with external stakeholders including Arab, EU and international institutions, donors and other partners in various meetings;
- • At least ten years of experience and specialist knowledge in one or more of the relevant policy areas, as well as a sound experience of working within the policy research community;
- • Proven engagement within the Arab policy arena,
- • Excellent communication skills, with a proven standard of written and spoken English and Arabic
- language proficiency
- • Confident public speaker and capable of dealing with the media;
- • Competent fundraiser with experience of both public and private donors;
- • Experience in project cycle management including personnel and budget;
- • Flexible and able to multi-task, work towards tight deadlines and manage high-pressure situations.
ARI offers competitive salaries.
TO APPLY: Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Executive Director recruitment”. To apply you must have permission to work within the EEA (European Economic Area).
Deadline for application: April 29, 2018
Start date: September 2018
Due to the large volume of candidates applying for positions within ARI we will only be able to respond to applicants who have been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of the closing date, you have not been successful.