[NOTE: The PESI Committee acknowledges that the COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted people’s schedules. In order to accommodate and give applicants time to apply, we are extending the deadline to 31 January 2022.]
We are writing to solicit applications from doctoral students and other researchers for our sixth Political Economy Summer Institute to be held June 2-5 2022 at George Mason University on the political economy of the Middle East. The aim of the Political Economy Summer Institute (PESI) is both to provide graduate level engagement and instruction as well as to connect doctoral students and independent researchers with mid-career and senior scholars working in the field of critical political economy. The Summer Institute will consist of three main parts: (1) doctoral students presenting their research and receiving written and verbal feedback from the participants, (2) methodological and theoretical workshop sessions led by faculty scholars, and (3) small break-out group discussions that build on the faculty-led sessions.
Anyone interested in submitting an application to attend the workshop should provide the following: [If you are not a Ph.D. student, you may still apply.]
- Title of your current research project.
- Institutional affiliation along with name and contact information for your thesis/dissertation advisor (and any additional committee members if possible).
- Research narrative (2500 words maximum, not including bibliography). Please lay out your primary research question, scope of your research, methodology, and where you are in the research process.
- Personal narrative (500 words maximum). Please explain how your attendance at the Political Economy Summer Institute can support your current research project and how you hope to benefit from participating.
- Expected completion date of Ph.D., if applicable.
- Funding. Please indicate whether you are able to secure funding from your department or home institution.
- List of any relevant publications.
Please submit all applications by 31 January 2022 to the Pedagogy Working Group at the Political Economy Project through the following online form:
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE POLITICAL ECONOMY PROJECT
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE POLITICAL ECONOMY SUMMER INSTUTUTE
The Pedagogy Working Group will review the applications and may request further information from potential participants. All applicants will receive notification about their applications by March 2022. Fellowships may be offered to support travel and lodging, subject to availability. Most meals will be covered for the duration of the Institute.
Pedagogy Working Group
Political Economy Project
Summer Institute Page