At a time when the world is seeing and hearing what the land of occupied Palestine is witnessing of brutal and systematic terrorist massacres to exterminate Palestinians at the hands of the racist Israeli occupation, with the participation of the United States of America and the United Kingdom, and official support from Germany and France, for more than two months now. The occupying entity and its Zionist gangs have been continuously committing series of crimes against an entire nation from the beginning of the last century to the present day in the twenty-first century. For this reason, it is imperative that we intellectuals fulfil our duty to proclaim the truth.
Over 75 years of its fascist military occupation, shedding Palestinian blood has become so palatable to the racist regime of the Israeli occupation to the extent it began bombing safe, defenceless civilians with internationally prohibited weapons after besieging them for more than one and half decades, during which it savoured capturing and imprisoning Palestinians. Today, it continues its systematic genocide of bombing and targeting civilians in Gaza and the West Bank, continuing its deliberate destruction of essential basic, health and educational infrastructure and services, in addition to targeting professors, doctors, medical staff, international employees, intellectuals, artists, poets, journalists, and their families, in arrogance and contempt for international laws and norms, demonstrating the absence of the slightest moral and humanitarian deterrents.
The undersigned, as Omani writers, artists, intellectuals, and media figures, denounce in all forms these crimes and urge Arab intellectuals and honourable people worldwide to carry out their responsibility by organising protests and engaging in moral and cultural confrontation in order to stand up against the horrible crimes that have been committed.
We turn to the leaders and presidents, first and foremost in the Omani government, and governments of the Arabian Gulf, Arab, and Muslim countries as well as other international leaders and presidents, to fulfil their responsibilities and discharge urgently their human, religious and moral duties, before conscience, peoples and history, to stop the ongoing massacres by every possible means immediately and without delay. Moreover, they are called upon to work collectively and urgently to empower and protect the Palestinians to achieve their full and undiminished right to their land, establishing their independent state, and to self-determination.
We call upon the Arab governments, which signed condemned normalization and peace agreements with this Israeli regime under American sponsorship, to immediately nullify the agreements and treaties, and sever all ties with this extremist and racist terrorist entity that has proven to be rogue against international law and humanity. There is no peace with a criminal and sinful entity that sponsors extremism and terrorism and practices organized crime and ethnic cleansing in front of the world every day.
We call upon the Egyptian government and its leadership to immediately lift the siege on the people who are slowly dying of hunger and thirst under the continuous fire, and to fully open and secure the Rafah crossing without any delay, and to cut off coordination with the Zionist entity in this regard.
We also turn to the leadership of the current Palestinian Authority to declare its complete alignment with popular resistance and the end of peace agreements and all their collapsed arrangements, which directly contributed to this stifling and destructive impasse for the Palestinian people, and which brought us to this catastrophe.
We expect the Palestinians at home and in the diaspora, and every human being endorsing bases of rights and legitimacy to fulfil their duties and continue to firmly oppose by all possible means at their disposal this brutality and seek to end it.
Finally, we cannot but salute the steadfast Palestinian people, who have themselves become the utmost embodiment of humanity. Salutes are to the patient people amidst all this Western support against them and the disappointing Arab and Muslim inactivity. Salutes are to the honourable and free people of the world who stood everywhere to the best of their ability with Palestine, Gaza and its people. We cannot but salute the legitimate Arab resistance movements in Palestine and outside for their valour and courage in resisting this occupation and its infliction of losses despite the lack of capabilities and the siege.
May God have mercy on the martyrs, protect people’s hearts with His security, protect the resistors, and restore justice to its people.
Oman on 12/10/2023
1. Sama Issa - Poet and writer
2. Abdullah Habib - Poet and filmmaker
3. Jokha Al harthi - Writer
4. Abdullah Al ryami - Poet
5. Saleh Al Amri - Poet
6. Said Sultan Al Hashmi - Writer and novelist
7. Sulaiman Al Maamari - Novelist and journalist
8. Hamoud Hamad Al Shakkili - Novelist and publisher
9. Ebrahim Bin Saeed - Poet and writer
10. Nasser Saleh - Short story writer
11. Mohammed Eid Al Araimi - Novelist
12. Bushra Khalfan - Novelist
13. Yaqoub Mohammed Al Harthi - Lawyer and member of the Shura Council
14. Asim Al Shidi - Journalist and chief editor of Oman newspaper
15. Saeed Saif Al Maskari - Journalist and chief editor of alfalq magazine
16. Mohammed Abdulkarim Al Shehi - Poet
17. Khamis Qalam - Poet
18. Ali Al Rawahi - Writer and researcher
19. Abed Yaghooth - Poet and journalist
20. Talib Al Maamari - Poet
21. Mohammed Zayed Al Habsi - Writer and director
22. Fatima Al Shidi - Writer and academic
23. Saeed Alraimi - Doctor and translator
24. Yousef Al Zadjaali - Poet
25. Hamoud Al Awaidi - Short story writer
26. Ahmed Al Saadi - Poet
27. Ahmed Mohammed Al Hajari - Short story writer and researcher
28. Saif Aadi Al Maskari - Researcher
29. Nasser Saif Al Saadi - Academic
30. Sumaiya Al Yaqoubi - Journalist
31. Ali Al Makhmari - Poet
32. Awad Al Lawihi - Poet and researcher
33. Salem Salem Al Maamari - Poet
34. Hamoud Saud - Short story writer
35. Ahmed Bin Nasser - Writer
36. Ibtihaj Al Harthi - Painter and children's writer
37. Mahmoud Ali - Writer
38. Aisha Sulaiman - Poet and editor
39. Ishaq Al Khanjari - Poet
40. Mohammed Khalfan Al Hinai - Playwright and director
41. Waleed Al Nabhaani - Writer
42. Al Khattab Al Mazrouei - Short story writer and novelist
43. Amina Al Rabie - Playwright
44. Lebayd Al Amri - Poet
45. Malik Saleh Al Muslimani - Playwright and director
46. Hamad Al Sabhi - Journalist
47. Mohammed Al Ajami - Researcher and novelist
48. Hatem Al Yafaei - Writer and blogger
49. Umama Mustafa Al Lawati - Children's literature writer and researcher
50. Bassam Abuqasida - Writer and blogger
51. Ahmed Bin Ali Al Mukhaini - Researcher and academic
52. Amal Al Saidi - Journalist
53. Mohammed Al Sharhi - Writer and novelist
54. Salem Al Rahbi - Writer and poet
55. Zaher Al Mahrouqi - Writer and media
56. Zoran Zaher Al Sarmi - Writer
57. Lily Abdullah - Writer and poet
58. Alawi Al Mashhour - Writer and researcher
59. Tahani Al Hosani - Researcher and academic
60. Alaaeddine Al Dghaishi - Poet
61. Salem Hamad Al Masrouri - Teacher
62. Hamoud Al Hajari - Poet
63. Saud Abdullah Al Zadjaali - Writer and researcher
64. Yahya Al Naabi - Poet
65. Fathia Al Saqri - Poet
66. Younis Jamil Al Numani - Writer and researcher
67. Hassan Meer - Visual artist